In the first phase, you’ll cover the core practices of the Aveda guest experience. You’ll learn the steps of a consultation, how to complete the Aveda service rituals and how to recommend home care for your guest. You’ll then move to a video-learning section where you will cover blow dry basics, followed by a skills assessment and a final lesson on hair treatment services.
The Course Curriculum for Phase I is outlined below, but is not accessible from this page. Return to your My Courses page and select “Start Course” to access all of the content.
Estimated Course Duration: 5 Weeks
- Phase I Course Overview
- Handout - Orientation and New Hire Paperwork
- Handout - Orientation and New Hire Paperwork - Editable Version
- Video - 5C Consultation - Orientation: Connect, Discover Needs, Offer Solutions
- PowerPoint - 5C Consultation
- Online Game - Orientation: Aveda Home Care and Styling Products
- Technical Guide - Orientation: Shampoo Protocol
- Technical Guide - Orientation: Shampoo Protocol - Editable Version
- Videos - Orientation: Aveda Rituals
- Reference Guide - Aveda Rituals
- Video - Blow Drying Fundamentals in Pre-drying + Sectioning, Wrap-drying with Paddle Brush, Half Round Brush, Round Brush Soft Set, Round Brush Hard Set, and Diffusing Curly Hair
- Technical Guide - Overall Styling Skills Assessment
- Shine / Treatment Services - (PDF)